Advocating for the active Engagement of the Youth in the Agricultural Value Chain
19 - 23 September 2011
FANRPAN Media Award - Swaziland
15 August 2011
Nominations are invited for the FANRPAN Regional Dialogue Media Award - 2011
About the Dialogue:
The FANRPAN Annual Multi-stakeholder Policy Dialogue is a flagship event that is held annually during the second week of September. The 2011 dialogue will be held in Swaziland on 12 - 16 September 2011 where over 200 delegates comprising of representatives from Government Ministries responsible for food, agricultural and natural resources(FANR) sector; Policy research institutions such as relevant university departments and agricultural research institutes; Private sector national umbrella organizations which deal with FANR issues; Farmers’ organizations; Civil Society organizations involved in the FANR sector and Consumer groups will gather and contribute to the dialogue on policy issues facing the FANR sector in Southern Africa.
The theme for this year: Engaging the Youth in the Agricultural Value Chain.
The media award was launched at the Regional Dialogue in 2010. The award ceremony will take place in August 2011.
Journalists in Swaziland who have a track record on reporting on FANR issues should be nominated. This can include journalists involved in print, broadcast or on-line media.
Nominations should include the following:
- Letter of nomination, outlining why the candidate has been nominated
- Letter of acceptance from nominee
- Detailed CV of nominee, including the names of three contactable referees
- No more than TWO pieces of innovative work that will support the nomination. This can include articles, radio and TV clips or website links.
All nominations must reach Mr Yuven Gounden at FANRPAN by 15 July 2011: firstname.lastname@example.org; 012 804 2966 / 071 470 8330. Please also address queries to Yuven Gounden.
This will focus on:
- Relevance- FANR-related issues
- Clarity of issues covered
- Overall accuracy and balance
- General style